The Best Resistance Bands Reviews
Lots of people are looking for the best resistance bands these days, and that’s not surprising when you take a closer look at the benefits these things offer. A resistance band is a rubber string with handles at the end, and these strings provide the resistance you need for your training. They’re often a viable alternative to free weights such as barbells and dumbbells.
These resistance bands can help with strength training, weight loss, and rehab, and they can be used by both experts and beginners alike. They can also be used in conjunction with other gym equipment like treadmills, so you can train more of your muscles. They’re much safer (you don’t need a spotter) and they’re very compact so they’re great for small apartments and for traveling.
They’re also remarkably cost-effective, as even complete kits with various DVD guides and accessories all come with very low prices. To make sure you get a good one, here are the best resistance bands in the market today.
Here’s a quick overview of a few of the top choices you can pick from.
Black Mountain Products Resistance Band Set: stackable up to 75 pounds, and comes with a lot of accessories plus a lifetime warranty.
Fit Simplify Resistance Loop Exercise 5 Bands: loops that you can stack for greater resistance, and it can be used by beginners, seniors, and pregnant women.
Bodylastics Anti-Snap, Stackable MAX XT Resistance Bands Sets: you get 6 bands that can stack up to 142 pounds, and they all come with anti-snap inner cords.
DYNAPRO Exercise Resistance Bands: these are easy to use, as the handles are comfy and the lengths of the bands are adjustable.
Resistance Band Set – 5 Stackable Exercise Bands: stackable up to 150 pounds and it comes with a lifetime warranty as well.
Let's Get into the Best Resistance Bands Reviews
This is one of the most popular resistance band sets of all time, and it’s easy to see why when you take a closer look at it.
It includes 5 color-coded resistance bands of the same 48-inch length, with different resistance levels from 2 to 30 pounds each. You can stack them all together to get a maximum resistance of 75 pounds.
These all feature a metal clipping system so you can attach a soft-grip handle or an ankle strap at the ends of the bands. The entire set also includes a starter guide and an exercise chart, a door anchor for vertical presses, and a carrying bag to put them all in.
What really sets this apart is that they’re all made of superb quality. The bands use a special mix of natural and synthetic rubber, it uses nylon with a high thread count and at the seams you have double-stitching, the grommets are commercial-grade, and the carabiner clips are rated up to 200 pounds. It’s no wonder it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- You can get up to 75 pounds of resistance, which is ample even for experienced muscle builders.
- It comes with nice extras like the ankle strap and the door anchor.
- The bands are stackable and you won’t need multiple handles for the bands.
- The durability is outstanding, and they have the lifetime warranty to prove it.
- You’ll have to memorize the weights of the particular color of the bands, since the weight isn’t written on the band itself.
- There should be another handle option that’s a bit firmer.
- Not everyone gets prompt customer service when availing the lifetime warranty.
Need more details?
This is another highly regard set of resistance bands. This time, you get a set of 5 resistance loops that measure 12 inches long and 2 inches wide.
They’re made of 100% natural latex that’s very comfy and soft on the skin and they come in different resistance levels. You can use multiple bands together for greater resistance.
What sets these loops apart are their sheer versatility, as you can use them in a wide variety of ways. They’re often used for sports and strength training, but many physical therapists also use them for rehab sessions. They can even be used by pregnant women during and right after the pregnancy.
These are also designed to integrate seamlessly with a lot of different workout programs. These include Pilates, yoga, Beach Body, Crossfit training, Insanity, and P90x. Or you can use them with the exercises shown on the instructional booklet and ebook, along with the online video guides.
These loops are also very lightweight so they’re portable, and yet they’re durable too. They also come with a lifetime warranty.
- The color coded loops have indications as to their weights, from x-light to medium to x-heavy.
- It comes with an instructional guide, a carrying bag, and access to online exercise videos.
- These can be used for a wide variety of exercises that can achieve your fitness goals. Beginners, senior citizens, injured athletes, and even pregnant women can use them too.
- They come with a lifetime warranty.
- Since they don’t come with the traditional handle design, you’ll need to learn how to use this properly.
- This will stretch a bit after you’ve used them for a while. This is considered normal, and it will only be replaced for free if it has stretched a lot.
- The estimated weights for the bands aren’t exact. The lightest is the green band, which offers 2 to 4 pounds of resistance. The heaviest is the black which offers a resistance of 25 to 30 pounds.
Need more details?
This is slightly more expensive (although not by much), yet that’s because you get a lot more in your package.
Here you get 6 bands, 2 firm handles, 2 ankle straps, a door anchor and another small “anywhere anchor”, an instructional booklet, and a carrying bag for everything.
The resistance bands are stackable, so you can start with just 3 pounds and you can go up to 142 pounds. While the bands are color-coded, they also indicate precisely how much resistance weight they offer.
These also use high grade materials, and the use of these professional-grade materials explains why they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee. Each band comes with an inner safety cord, which keeps the bands from getting damaged even if you overstretch them. In the rare case that you do snap a band, this inner cord keeps your body and face safe.
- It comes with 6 bands so you have gradual jumps between resistance levels.
- The stackable bands can get up to 142 pounds of resistance.
- The exact resistance level in pounds is written on each band.
- It comes with ankle straps, a door anchor, and anchor for other places.
- The anti-snap safety cord is excellent.
- The “lifetime” warranty is free of charge only for 90 days. After that, you have to pay for the shipping and handling of the replacement.
- There’s access to online videos, but you’re limited to 2 months of access.
Need more details?
You can buy these in single bands or as a set, and they’re quite unique in a number of ways. Here you have 5 color-coded bands, starting from the yellow at 5 to 10 pounds, to the black at 35 to 50 pounds.
These are longer than usual at 66 inches, so you can use them for more exercises. What’s more, if you want them shorter you can also adjust the length for all the bands except for the black one.
The D-handle is super and very comfortable to use. It’s very durable too, and that’s because it’s made in the US.
- It can easily be used by senior citizens.
- The handle is extremely comfortable.
- The lengths of the bands are adjustable.
- The warranty is only for a year.
- The weights aren’t stackable.
- The set doesn’t include door anchors and ankle straps.
Need more details?
Here you have 5 exercise bands of different colors, with their weights set and written on the bands from 10 to 50 pounds.
They’re stackable too, so you can use them all together for a resistance level of 150 pounds.
Each anti-snap band is 1.2 meters long (about 47¼ inches), the handles are cushioned for greater comfort, and you get ankle straps as well. A door anchor is also part of the package, as well as a waterproof bag for the entire set. You should also receive 4 exercise-guide ebooks.
- They’re stackable so you can get up to 150 pounds.
- You also get a lot of extras, such as ankle straps and a door anchor, along with a waterproof bag.
- The door anchor works very well, as it doesn’t damage your door.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty, and you don’t even need to send the item back to get a replacement.
- The 10-pound jumps between resistance levels may be too high.
- You need to go online and check out exercise videos if you want a comprehensive workout program.
Need more details?
Resistance Band Exercises
Another advantage of resistance bands is that you can train your upper body as well as your lower body with them. All you need to do is to perform the right exercises with resistance bands for building muscles for your arms, torso, or legs. This ability to use resistance bands for legs is another reason why people use resistance bands over barbells.
Here are some exercises you should try first:
Bent Over Rows
Start by putting one foot on the band, while the other foot remains at the back. Then you slowly bend forward until you get a 45-degree angle. Now you slowly pull the band up to your waist level while you keep your elbows in. Continue with this while you’re squeezing your shoulders. Then return to your starting position and do the same motion using your other foot.
Stand with your feet a should-width distance apart. Then use both hands to hold the handles and stretch up the resistance bands up to the level of your shoulders. Keep your hands from moving while you do a full squat. Perform this exercise slowly, and then stand back up. Do several reps of this.
Stand with both feet on the band while you grasp the handles. Gradually curl up your hands towards your shoulders, while you make sure that your elbows are bent backwards. Maintain this position for 2 minutes or so before you return to your starting position. Do several reps of this as well.
Horizontal Chest Press
Lie on the floor with the resistance band at your back. Grasp the handles and then slowly raise one hand towards the ceiling. Then bring your and down slowly, and do the same thing with the other hand.
Vertical Chest Press
Here you simply secure the resistance at something solid at chest high level, and then you push against the resistance bands.
You stand over it with your feet a shoulder-width distance apart. Hold each handle with your hands at shoulder level, with your thumbs touching your shoulders as your palms face each other. Then you press straight up and you rotate your palms forward as you extend your arms fully. Then you lower your arms slowly back down and you repeat the whole process.
Overhead Triceps Extension
You sit on a bench or chair, with the center of the tube band under your glutes. Hold the handles with both hands and then stretch your arms upwards. You should bend your elbows so that your hands end up behind your neck. Press your arms straight up until they’re fully extended, with your palms facing the ceiling. Then lower your arms back down and repeat.
Strength training is crucial for everyone, and resistance bands are one of the most convenient tools you can use for this purpose. Strength training keeps you fit and helps you look much better, and it also maintains the health of your bones. It even helps keep your brain healthier and you can reduce the risk of dementia as you get older.
Resistance bands don’t require too much space for storage, and they’re portable to boot. You can use them for various familiar exercises, and even a beginner can use them easily. They’re also extremely affordable.
To put it simply, if you’re buying your first piece of exercise equipment, you should really consider buying the best resistance bands for your workouts. The benefits are substantial and numerous, while the cost and chances of injury are minimal. You basically have much to gain and very little to lose.
On the list we offered, the clear winner is the Bodylastics Anti-Snap, Stackable MAX XT Resistance Bands Set. You can have very gradual resistance level changes, but you can go up to 142 pounds of resistance. On each band, the exact resistance weight is indicated, and you have safety cords and anchors to use. It even comes with a lifetime warranty and access to online videos that you can just download. It’s clearly the best resistance bands, and it’ll serve your needs for a very long time.